Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions

View Poll Results: What do you think of this suggestion?
Good 10 45.45%
Bad 12 54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
Zaheen
BANNED
Garden Designer

Zaheen is more than a nobody... but not by much
Default Suicidal / Score Drop

Another idea I thought of, to help players who are stuck in the ranks, or just anybody in general who wants to suicide some troops.

Like a Government ID, this one would be available to all players to send to. Perhaps the ID could be [X] to assure nobody types a number in by mistake.

The purpose is ID [X] would be so that any player, at any score level can run undesired troops and kill them off. This is sort of similar to a planned suicide, or sending troops to Bunker players, who gain an unfair amount of H/F and other methods of killing troops.

To encourage players not to send at random targets to suicide, and so that any legit players won't ever be seen as troop trading, and bribing. As there has been accusations and incidents of real cheating, there can be no excuse for not sending to ID [X].

Basically, it's a target for anybody to drop score.

Not only, for some players with OCD like myself, and Stargazer who like even numbers, sometimes trying to kill off Generic units can be a pain due to injuries.

ID [X] would return NO injuries, and NO insurance, to allow somebody to safely suicide and score drop.

_____

I know what you are all thinking, but there is potential for lots of anti abuse and cheating. People can no longer complain about intentional troop trading and intentional retaliation, H/F would not be abused as much to players who are on the receiving end of a suicide.

I'm trying to think of potential abuses for such an implementation that would create cheaters, but really if somebody wants to suicide some score/troops (at any score range), they should be able to do so without being called a cheater.

This should encourage players to have more fun, as opposed to just trying to get as highly ranked as possible, and to all players who like to suicide troops to drop score, and have another chance to fight somebody you really hate. This is to encourage more tactical rounds, and more fun rounds for players and enemies alike.

TL;DR
A Government based ID that allows you to suicide with no injuries and insurance to allow every player in the game to drop score.

Pros
- Players can kill off Generic units properly
- Players can never be accused of cheating by being forced to attack the only targets in range to drop score
- Players will no longer have any excuses for non malicious troop trading (like some players have been accused this round).
- To give all players a chance to suicide units without any retaliation.
- To allow you to have more targets
- To stop potential mutual H/F gains
- To prevent new players being tricked into losing land
- To give all players an extra ID in which they can send units to, to either run or defend themselves with
- To encourage players to stop playing contactable and playing to win, as this is not what games are about
- Encourage more fun

Cons
The only con I can think of is if a very skilled player keeps score dropping to torment somebody less skilled, or an alliance less skilled. This will come with a price, and that price would be their rank.

I can't think of any more, perhaps somebody else could?

P.S. I might edit this a few times, so don't quote bits of it and start commenting, just post your own comments and suggestions separate, and vote if you could!

This suggestion is dedicated to JamesNChina, and anybody who has ever been in a position like his.

Last edited by Zaheen; 06-09-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Zaheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
Max
Garden Designer

Max is starting to catch people's eyesMax is starting to catch people's eyes

I like this suggestion - but I am worried that the people it will benefit most are those in the rank 1 alliance, because they are hardly the demographic that need the most assistance.

Still - it's a great idea and would have prevented a lot of the grumbling and boredom at the top of the alliance - in turn cutting down the probability of said players cheating. So I'm pro it as an "anti-cheating" suggestion

Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
'Tiger'
Landscape Designer

'Tiger' has travelled far down Repute Road

I quite like this idea.

The only thing I can think of is if people actually sent troops to attack this ID, and massed them. Would ID [X] have better troops than anyone to kill?

Eg:

The rank 1 alliance all sends their troops to ID [X] to attack them, possibly to kill. What would happen then?
'Tiger' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #4
Zaheen
BANNED
Garden Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tiger' View Post
I quite like this idea.

The only thing I can think of is if people actually sent troops to attack this ID, and massed them. Would ID [X] have better troops than anyone to kill?

Eg:

The rank 1 alliance all sends their troops to ID [X] to attack them, possibly to kill. What would happen then?
ID [X] is Invincible.

Also, it could start off with Havoc units and there is no way it would die before round end, not a chance.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #5
'Tiger'
Landscape Designer

So basically a stupid number of troops which no one can kill, and troops with no one can get eg Bio-Mechanical Warriors.

That sorted then
Old 06-09-2012, 01:58 PM   #6
No-Dachi
Official Helper
Garden Designer

No-Dachi has started the journey down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to No-Dachi

If it turns out the r1 ally abuses it, you could simply disable the option for rank 1. However, I don't really see it happening. They would be too easy to take down if they all suicided on ID X.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #7
'Tiger'
Landscape Designer

Nahh just something that crossed my mind tbh. Instead of making a new ID for this though, why not just make ID1 have troops and do it that way?
Old 06-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
Zaheen
BANNED
Garden Designer

Quote:
Nahh just something that crossed my mind tbh. Instead of making a new ID for this though, why not just make ID1 have troops and do it that way?
Because then some new player might accidentally send to attack ID 1 instead of defending.

It was to be a clear cut different, and no mistake for new players, hence X (or something that can't be mistaken for any player ID).

[^^] perhaps?

Last edited by Zaheen; 06-09-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #9
Dimitar
Landscape Designer

Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews

I don't like this. Will tell you why when I figure it out
Old 06-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #10
Zaheen
BANNED
Garden Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitar View Post
I don't like this. Will tell you why when I figure it out
Give you rep for this.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #11
antisback
Head Gardener

antisback is starting to catch people's eyesantisback is starting to catch people's eyes

I agree with dimitar, something doesn't quite sit right with me.

The only people it benefits is people in the r1 ally. They could calculate exactly how much score they want to drop, drop down just enough to hit r1 in the r2 ally take all his land and keep doing so till they have an inordinate amount of land and have taken out their closest rivals. It's far to abusable, not planting to stay out of someones range is a perfectly legitimate tactic and sometimes the only way to survive, I don't think it's a good idea to take this away. (This is also why I got so pissed off at the incident earlier in the round when many people said it was trivial or ethically fine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaheen View Post
Quote:
I quite like this idea.

Eg:

ID [X] is Invincible.

Also, it could start off with Havoc units and there is no way it would die before round end, not a chance.
I'm sure people would end up seeing this as a challenge, I know I would at least anyway
antisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #12
No-Dachi
Official Helper
Garden Designer

No-Dachi has started the journey down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to No-Dachi

Then disable it for r1. Although, that might mean that r2 can abuse it and stay out of range all the time..
Old 06-09-2012, 04:21 PM   #13
antisback
Head Gardener

antisback is starting to catch people's eyesantisback is starting to catch people's eyes

r2 can just sell seeds and donate to stay out of range, or suicide on some ally/solo player, the only people it benefits are the ones stupid enough to keep planting when their targets start to dry up
Old 06-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #14
Zaheen
BANNED
Garden Designer

It wasn't intended for abuse.

Then we'll make it so you need to go solo* to use it, which means you will suicide troops and potentially have your land farmed.

* Optional code to stop a solo with incoming to be able to suicide as this might ruin some attacker who has calculated a perfect hit. (However you can still suicide with an attacker on you anyway, by attacking any player around you, so I can't see this being a problem).

Simples.

P.S. No-Dachi, I like the way you think.

Last edited by Zaheen; 06-09-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #15
antisback
Head Gardener

I still don't see the need for it, the only people it helps are people in the top 3/4 or the top ally who've already completely bashed everyone away,

Bash r2 ally into oblivion, 5 or so players can then leave, hit sleep mode as they're leaving, they've already agreed it with their own ally so they're not going to tell people who's just left, once sleep mode is over, they've got ar, they send to this suicide ID, and rejoin just after. Hey presto, you're free to continue hitting the ally who's only respite would've come from dropping out of range.

As I say the potentials for abuse far outweigh any benefits, which as far as I can tell would only help those who really don't need any more help, ie. in an ally that's already won the round.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions