Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions

Old 26-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #31
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews
Send a message via MSN to Dax Send a message via Yahoo to Dax

I support the stealth news item for solos, IF they sign onto a "pure solo" styled option, then had to pay for it as an intel tech after spies. Simple.

Example:

Tue 10th Dec, year 4. Dusk (66 ticks ago) Stealth News
Unknown staff incoming
Old 26-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #32
Iamsmart
Landscape Designer

Iamsmart has travelled far down Repute Road

Just give them their own 'Your alliance' page

noobs.
Iamsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #33
lillie
Harvester

lillie is more than a nobody... but not by much

Just go make a 3 man alliance then :/ <3 from n00bville

Pnapped solo`s have it good enough already imo though I do agree no harm in knowing about stealth inc. I like Dax`s idea and mod on defence would be rather useful.

In saying that I only go solo when I can`t be bothered doing much but from what I have seen most solo triangles are IN with an alliance somewhere along the line and can be quite a powerful trio to deal with as they are.

Pure solo is a ***** nothing worse than being zeroed and the ally train chuffs in
lillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #34
No-Dachi
Official Helper
Garden Designer

No-Dachi has started the journey down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to No-Dachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yochoko View Post
i really only meant that solos should have a subtle notification when their pnaps get stealth incs. i didn't mean that they should see in the news/spy report "someone sent you a stealth mob" precisely on a tick. i meant more like the colour of their pnaps' names change into red when they get a stealth inc like you see in your ally overview page 'unknown'. now, if you missed a tick or two, not paying attention to the change of the colour/appearing 'unknown' on the ally overview page, the rest, that's like anyone else to work out on the sender and the eta, or prank. but i thought, if one solo is active and watchful and doesn't mind intel'ing every tick their pnaps, it's only fair to have this subtle notification of the stealth incs on them, which really harms noone for having it.
It harms people trying to kill them.

Adrenaline harrier rushes against big robots are also undefendable, since they can appear at af3. It's unfair, perhaps, but there must be some way of fighting back. And a semi-contactable solo-group with a nice setup is hard to kill as it is, with sleep mode, ARmod and phones.
Old 26-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #35
Yochoko
Head Gardener

Yochoko has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by No-Dachi View Post
Quote:
i really only meant that solos should have a subtle notification when their pnaps get stealth incs. i didn't mean that they should see in the news/spy report "someone sent you a stealth mob" precisely on a tick. i meant more like the colour of their pnaps' names change into red when they get a stealth inc like you see in your ally overview page 'unknown'. now, if you missed a tick or two, not paying attention to the change of the colour/appearing 'unknown' on the ally overview page, the rest, that's like anyone else to work out on the sender and the eta, or prank. but i thought, if one solo is active and watchful and doesn't mind intel'ing every tick their pnaps, it's only fair to have this subtle notification of the stealth incs on them, which really harms noone for having it.
It harms people trying to kill them.

Adrenaline harrier rushes against big robots are also undefendable, since they can appear at af3. It's unfair, perhaps, but there must be some way of fighting back. And a semi-contactable solo-group with a nice setup is hard to kill as it is, with sleep mode, ARmod and phones.
'coz you only look at it from the perspective of killing solos. it's not unfair to have the means of defending: troops and intel (add here to see the stealth when it happens). it's not unfair to defend against those with intention of killing. but there IS always weakspots even with solos with good setup, sleep mode, AR mod and contactability. it's rather pretty easy to kill solos if you can guess and calculate their AR correctly (i've killed many other solos in my honourable range and i can say they were rather easy, could come out even or make profit even at a messy fights because of bounties too). and well, why is it a problem if solos became harder to kill because of their effort?? even with the stealth notification, if none of solo trio is refreshing at the right ticks, it won't help. solos get harder to kill only when they make big efforts. and seriously, intel'ing offline pnaps every tick is a damn effort. it's easy to miss a few ticks too.

Last edited by Yochoko; 26-08-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Yochoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 02:31 AM   #36
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews

being solo should never have the same benefits as an allied person. that being said, i do find the notion of your pnap's name being a different color if they have news maybe, interesting... but that still wouldn't solve the unknown as you say.

but all in all, everything has a downside. being solo you have ar but can't see your offline buddy's stealth inc.

i'm in an alliance, and have friends to watch my back. however, should there be a gap in coverage - (whether inactive alliance, don't want/can't be contacted, etc etc) anyone and everyone without limit can come in with however many troops and take however many acres til people are out of range.

so there are pros/cons to each. solos have it pretty good and i can't say that i'm onboard with being able to detect everything.
Garrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 09:15 AM   #37
Yochoko
Head Gardener

Yochoko has travelled far down Repute Road

btw, i don't' mean that solos should have it easier and have everything that allied people have. i just wanted to say that those solos that are hard to kill are making big efforts that might be beyond your imagination. i'm NOT saying we *shouldn't* have to make such effort if we wanted to be competitive and survive. just thought stealth incs on solos has an 'advantage' compared to allied people where also can 'not' have refreshers and can miss unknown when it happens. so, my thought was just the stealth notification is given equally to solos, but what to do with it is totally up to players and how they play (active/inactive, contactable/uncontactable). weakspots are to be found by other players, not given by default, is how i think. :<

ah, but i'm done on this now anyway! maybe i just wanted a little <3 and understanding for the solo side to drag it this far!! :p probably time to play allied in the coming rounds! XD

Last edited by Yochoko; 27-08-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Yochoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #38
Iamsmart
Landscape Designer

Iamsmart has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
i just wanted to say that those solos that are hard to kill are making big efforts that might be beyond your imagination.
Putting an emphasis on this. A few of the competitive solo rounds I've had I've put in just as much, if not more effort than I did competitive allied rounds.

I think the main thing that makes me not yell at people for being stupid when they don't think solo needs a few buffs is:

-solo groups
-AR triggering fags
-multis

If those 3 were fixed/not a problem solo could have some slight buffs to make it better.
Iamsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #39
Zaheen
BANNED
Garden Designer

Zaheen is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett2 View Post
1. being solo should never have the same benefits as an allied person.
2. solos have it pretty good
1. They will never have 19 potential defenders.
2. If that was the case everybody would be playing solo?

They only have it good after they've been bashed with a high AR Mod, they then have another 2-3 days of safety before they are bashed again - the cycle never ends.

- In an alliance 19 players can potentially defend against 1 attacker (with a reduction in ETA to help against rushes).
- As a soloist only 2 players can potentially defend against 1 attacker (with no ETA reduction and no incoming page).

On the rare occasion the attacker sends a noob attack and triggers, you are protected.

There are tools that pretty much allow you to bypass every solos AR Mod, and tell you exactly what it is...and how long it would take to go to X amount, you're saying it's still easy for solos to play, really?

Any solo player with a low AR Mod is an amazing target, for many allied players and other solo players who are bigger, and stronger (route wise). The chances of you killing/taking land are significantly bigger than almost any alliance target unless your target is contactable with 2 very active PNap, but how many play like this?

9 times out of 10 people play solo because they want to play inactively, or are just waiting for a spot in an alliance to open up or without any PNaps at all. You're looking at the extreme side of solo, where sometimes 3 players do play active, or do play contactable (I certainly don't), but how many do? And you're basically restricting a game at where it is now based on the off chance more than 1-2 solo groups per round play actively and contactable and will be too hard to attack if they have an incoming page?

Basically anything in favour of making your round easier, as if it ain't easy enough. The horror of making one tiny little aspect of the game a little more challenging, for the minority of solos that actually play actively and can manage to stay high in the ranks for more than a week. Fair enough that these suggestions may be all extreme and bad anyway, I know my post had a lot of sarcasm in it, but none of what I posted would make things less fun for anybody, everybody has the option to play solo at any point in any round so why would anybody complain at any of them? I just don't understand.

Next up, somebody replies with, "Stop complaining, go allied". I honestly would, if I ever found an alliance who shared the same values and morals that I have, and played like me, thought like me, and didn't have members who sit there never defending with lots of land, and then leave the alliance as soon as they are developed. That is never the case, and when it is usually they never log in anyway.

Imagine an alliance with no incoming page, you have to manually spy/fly over every ID in your alliance just to defend them.

That's what this game needs, but since you're all so insanely contactable anyway it probably wouldn't make any difference.

Last edited by Zaheen; 27-08-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Zaheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #40
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaheen View Post
2. If that was the case everybody would be playing solo?
no because being solo is boring. what you and people like you (loners, anti-social, don't take it negatively... i for the most part don't like people) never realize is that alliance play is about comrades and making them. lots of them.

alliance play = growth. solo play does not. if you can't say that solos do have it pretty good then nothing short of solos ruling a game based around alliance play (which by it's creator was stated that it was /is) will make you happy.

yes i've played solo plenty of rounds.

but first and foremost anyone making suggestions should realize this game is in it's death knell. no development has happened in a long time and it probably won't ever happen at least anytime soon. just like azzer's first game, there is a handful of die-hards that keep playing. we've gone 5k to ~300, maybe, people playing.

all these arguments should be taken as academic and just as something to pass the time as *nothing* will change except we'll either gain or lose more people.
Old 27-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #41
Zaheen
BANNED
Garden Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett2 View Post
no because being solo is boring. what you and people like you (loners, anti-social, don't take it negatively...
lol
Old 27-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #42
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

you know i love you, right? and I don't mean in that 'friendship only' kind of way.

i guess i mean, i want to sex you.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #43
Mr-Blonde
Digger

Mr-Blonde is an unknown quantity at this point

Imho solo should be that.....solo
Not 2 other ppl looking out for you, just you.
Atm solo is just a 3 man alliance with AR and no inc. page.
Whether they should get other benefits to compensate, i dunno, probably *shrugs*, but as someone said, its a very academic discussion as nothing appears to change in the game anymore.
Mr-Blonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:35 AM   #44
Zaheen
BANNED
Garden Designer

I disagree with you both.

Yes a true soloist will play a full round with no PNaps, if they are trying to prove something.

But 2-3 new players signing up to a game should be able to play together, and help each other play without having to join an alliance of up to 20. You do have points about the trio thing with AR, new players creating an alliance is not safer than if they go solo, the only advantage is the incoming page.

If these players do like the game they might find a bigger alliance, but more often than not they probably don't like the game because they probably don't even realise what AR is, as they're in an alliance wasting the opportunity to even use it getting slapped around by everyone.

Garrett now without trying to offend you either, I probably make more friends in one solo round than you would in 10 allied rounds. Why?

You probably play with the same players more or less half the time, where as I mail random people constantly offering help, offering battles, challenges. I get so much mail, abuse, compliments, gestures, thank you messages.

I meet so many players on attacks mainly, I end up attacking almost every alliance in range (upwards), including every solo in range until they are out of range which is pretty much everyone. I do whatever I want, whenever I want it.

I think it's down to the person, you can view/call me anti social if you wish, but if you ever take an interest in Global Stats of any round I'm in you'll understand what I mean. My mails received is insane, each time I refresh my page I usually have 2-5 mails waiting for me. This round I had to play with mail filter!

-----

I do agree with you in the sense that allied play increases growth, but the allied players have to start somewhere, and it's always solo. I've realised this a long time ago and that's why I tend to help solo players much more than allied players, and I have done ever since I started back in 2001. New players aren't accepted in alliances these days, and that's why you'll never see me bashing a training alliance unless I have personal beef with someone in one, and anyone else who gets in my way (a very rare occurrence indeed).

You guys would happily rape/bash the training alliance because you play for personal gain and greed, and couldn't care who you have to step on to get it. True or not?
Old 06-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #45
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaheen View Post
Garrett now without trying to offend you either, I probably make more friends in one solo round than you would in 10 allied rounds. Why?

You probably play with the same players more or less half the time, where as I mail random people constantly offering help, offering battles, challenges. I get so much mail, abuse, compliments, gestures, thank you messages.
no offense taken. you are wrong with your assumption however. the 3 rounds i've been back have all been with different cores and players. and before i left - i either joined groups or led them. i often ended up with martin and polo off and on over the years... but my history is quite varied. in game, i've always helped those who i thought needed helping.

but this is straying from the topic of the thread. which is - solos really don't need much if anything more at this point.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions