Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions

Old 21-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #16
Hamilton
Tree Surgeon

Hamilton is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaheen View Post
This is a game where activity counts for a lot, but what you are implying is that you don't want to be active at all, you don't even want to play, you want all the benefits of somebody active without doing any leg work at all.

Basically, you want your alliance to wipe your ass for you.
I read to here and became ignorant. I said years ago I never hear of contactability in the game even existing. I've always put in effort to my alliance and wiped others asses so hmmmz.

I'm saying even discussing the contactability issue is worthless as it won't change however 'd love to see a round again where it didn't exist.

Wouldn't everyone like to have their ass wiped and not have to worry about losing 10 mins of sleep and know their troops are always safe overnight. I think so.

But back on topic for solo's, what else do they need? They have their protection, maybe the -1 would be a cheeky but viable change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ij89w...&feature=share

Last edited by Hamilton; 21-08-2012 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Was drunk when typed this.....majorly
Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #17
Zaheen
BANNED
Garden Designer

Zaheen is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
I read to here and became ignorant.
Oh, you weren't already like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
But back on topic for solo's, what else do they need? They have their protection, maybe the -1 would be a cheeky but viable change
- A nice incoming page for PNaps would be nice.
- A better safety net, perhaps a higher base AR Modifier based on your H/F
- Higher AR gains for pure solo players
- An ability we can use after we have just been hammered/farmed from rank 50 down to 300
- More insurance for pure solo players, as a development like before
- Increased seed production for solo players, and a bigger increase for pure solo players (allied players could use the solo tactic like they use to).
- A pure solo only route
- A special unit available to all solo players, possibly an option or a combination of extra units to encourage more solo players
- More sleep mode capabilities for pure solos (who have never been in an alliance, or had PNaps)
- AR Modifier from land loss needs to be tweaked somehow to stop major abuse from cheaters, can't really think of anything other than removing it completely but maybe somebody else can?

These might give solos a bit more flexibility in what route they play as, and might stop all the solo abuse currently going on.

With that said, it's completely pointless and a waste of time for me, or anybody to post ANY suggestion about ANYTHING remotely close to improving the game play for the community, because it has been controlled and dictated by contactable allied players for over a decade. So any possible changes that may affect their non skill, non activity ways will do nothing but upset them.

I do feel more new players would come and stay if solos had more love.

Last edited by Zaheen; 23-08-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Zaheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 11:48 PM   #18
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews
Send a message via MSN to Dax Send a message via Yahoo to Dax

I did contactable solo with two RL mates who are total wreckheads - And we had a real laugh 'til I left them for NOMW (lowly, I know, but my love in-game always resides with those I choose to be allied with).

EDIT: See if you can tell which two are on a cocktail of class A drugs...

PS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaheen View Post
A pure solo only route
Do you mean Bunkers? I always thought they were a core alliance route, tbh.
Old 23-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #19
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews

trick question.. all of you are blasted.
Garrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #20
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews
Send a message via MSN to Dax Send a message via Yahoo to Dax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett2 View Post
trick question.. all of you are blasted.
I don't take any of the crap they inflict on themselves - So no trick questions. I have a weird drug ethic
Old 26-08-2012, 12:30 AM   #21
edd
Tree Surgeon

edd has travelled far down Repute Roadedd has travelled far down Repute Road

On the whole certain routes are much harder to play solo at a competitive level than others. Naturally this is more noticeable if you are alone or not contactable.

Solo play is easier than it should be atm however because on te whole people suck at calculating ARmods or just don't bother.

This type of play requires you to think about how you want to play in the long run rather than just constantly growing as big as possible in order to better fight the rank 1 alliance.

I dont think the suggestions that you bring forward are sensible Zaheen, it is basically a way to allow players to play solo at a high level and have it easy :p and some routes work to perfection with solo play. It is just a question o finding what works for your route and playing to te strengths of solo design.

Not gonna address each point individually because while they are imaginative, none of them are needed.

Waves in defence,
Waves in attack,
We're fighting on The Boat!
edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 12:51 AM   #22
Yochoko
Head Gardener

Yochoko has travelled far down Repute Road

i think that it's only fair if solos can see 'unknown' incs on their pnaps when they happen tbh. spying and flying over every tick to find out only when stealth is revealed? WHY??
Yochoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 03:20 AM   #23
Iamsmart
Landscape Designer

Iamsmart has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by yochoko View Post
i think that it's only fair if solos can see 'unknown' incs on their pnaps when they happen tbh. Spying and flying over every tick to find out only when stealth is revealed? Why??
qft.
Iamsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #24
willymchilybily
Landscape Designer

willymchilybily has started the journey down Repute Road

i agree with the old stealth on a solo. you as a solo can only see it on the overview, and your pnaps cant see it till reveals. i think it should have a news item. no harm in that.

on the subject of a 4hour sleep mode. you can do a 19 tick hide. send to id 1 eta 8 if you really cant be on for a few hours, and rely on naps supporting you at this time. otherwise hit 8 hr sleepmode. gives you 4 hours of free time at worst.

personally I think certain changes would negate any desires or needs to introduce many of these ideas. things like the polo sleep mode idea floating around the suggestions pages. That way you wouldnt need to worry about being afk for 4 hours. and you still have the regular sleep mode if you want to be completely safe.

TBH i find it hard to relate to solo play needing advantages i only go solo when i want to do something that would make me a poor alliance member. like if i wanted to be a lowbie puppet trying to collect 1 of each unit. or if i wanted to stay low to get more targets and try for profile awards or stats. it makes you useless to an alliance if your always out attacking not joinign in defence or allie attacks. and never being big enough to be of use. so that is when i go solo. if i wanted to play competitively id just join an alliance. so i cant fully appreciate some of your suggestions. but one or two arent a bad ideas
willymchilybily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #25
No-Dachi
Official Helper
Garden Designer

No-Dachi has started the journey down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to No-Dachi

I don't agree with the news report on solo's getting stealth inc. First of all it would be a dead giveaway once people get ninjas and spies. This could be negated by only letting the pnap see the news, sure. But on a more principal notice I think that this is a fair disadvantage for getting AR protection. A good solo triangle are pretty damn strong already.
Old 26-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #26
Yochoko
Head Gardener

oh not in the clear way where it gives out 'eta' of the stealth incs. but since 1 or 2 of us refreshing every tick and watching over the offliner(s), why couldn't we just see when 'unknown' appears on our pnaps? not in the news 'coz it'll give out eta, but in a manner where we see it 'coz we were refreshing. an RPG pnap getting hit by SA is like a certain death. but if we could send def, a robo pnap for example that kills SA well by guessing eta (including rolling and what not)? that might save a pnap. not much different from when you are allied. stealth inc that gives out eta would be too much of an advantage, and i don't mean that. when we get stealth inc is some workout of finding the sender, figuring out the eta. but without even the information of your pnaps having 'unknown' incs although you refresh every tick and go all the intels every tick on your pnaps is a certain disadvantage, i find.
Old 26-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #27
Scorpio
Harvester

Scorpio is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Scorpio Send a message via Skype™ to Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yochoko View Post
oh not in the clear way where it gives out 'eta' of the stealth incs. but since 1 or 2 of us refreshing every tick and watching over the offliner(s), why couldn't we just see when 'unknown' appears on our pnaps? not in the news 'coz it'll give out eta, but in a manner where we see it 'coz we were refreshing. an RPG pnap getting hit by SA is like a certain death. but if we could send def, a robo pnap for example that kills SA well by guessing eta (including rolling and what not)? that might save a pnap. not much different from when you are allied. stealth inc that gives out eta would be too much of an advantage, and i don't mean that. when we get stealth inc is some workout of finding the sender, figuring out the eta. but without even the information of your pnaps having 'unknown' incs although you refresh every tick and go all the intels every tick on your pnaps is a certain disadvantage, i find.
Simple, open up every possible ID that can stealth rush your pnap and spy them, together with your pnaps, every tick
Old 26-08-2012, 12:42 PM   #28
Yochoko
Head Gardener

that works only if the pnap that has the stealth inc is online... i'm not complaining about the procedure of finding out the sender of stealth. but most often, it's too late to know your pnaps have stealth incs when they are revealed in order to send def.

why is it such a bad idea to just see "oh, unknown inc!" on your pnaps when you are refreshing? what solution can be done for finding out the stealth incs only when it's revealed, instead of you finding out the sender, calculating eta (which implies spying the sender every tick) when you see 'unknown' on your pnaps? contact the pnap and tell him to send out? or watch him die? i just wanted a way to save him without having an 'advantage'. is it really an advantage that solos can see 'unknown' incs on their pnaps? on the top of not having -1 def rush??

ah well, dealing with SA stealth rush without -1 is extremely tricky already. so, it's a dead case mostly especially when we play UC. but if people do play contactable and could send out, or/and LT with their pnaps (some organisation for def and giving more time than just 1-2 tick time) or maybe they do have some low eta useful units for LET flak that could be sent before the stealth is revealed, seeing 'unknown' on their pnaps when it happens is just one little thing that benefit the solos and don't disadvantage the others, i think.

i'd like people to see that giving something to solos isn't always giving them 'advantages'. :X

Last edited by Yochoko; 26-08-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 26-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #29
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer

tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines

I don't like the idea of giving a solo a heads-up when pure stealth is sent to their pnap. How would stealth rolls work? (not that stealth rolls on solos are exactly common).

I agree that SA rushes are basically undefendable for a solo if they can't get their pnap online. That is a problem.
Old 26-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #30
Yochoko
Head Gardener

i really only meant that solos should have a subtle notification when their pnaps get stealth incs. i didn't mean that they should see in the news/spy report "someone sent you a stealth mob" precisely on a tick. i meant more like the colour of their pnaps' names change into red when they get a stealth inc like you see in your ally overview page 'unknown'. now, if you missed a tick or two, not paying attention to the change of the colour/appearing 'unknown' on the ally overview page, the rest, that's like anyone else to work out on the sender and the eta, or prank. but i thought, if one solo is active and watchful and doesn't mind intel'ing every tick their pnaps, it's only fair to have this subtle notification of the stealth incs on them, which really harms noone for having it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions