Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions

Old 17-04-2012, 07:18 AM   #31
Elderveld
Official Helper
Tree Surgeon

Elderveld is more than a nobody... but not by much

Have all eta 4-5 units recude it by 1. Max eta = 4.
Have, when u create an ID, let you pick a 'region' say id 2~999. (randomly generates an ID in that).
Let only alliances join members in the same 'region'

then when u want to hit another ID in a different 'region' you automaticly get a +1 ETA. When u hit an ID whit +4 regions have +2 eta. (even whitout score gaps. the 30%)
so having an ID of 5, hitting someone at 31% range whit id 550 will get u an eta of 8.

Changing regions will cost 90% of your seed production for 1 day.
Second time 2 day's
Third time 4 day's
can only change 3 times
Elderveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #32
willymchilybily
Landscape Designer

willymchilybily has started the journey down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderveld View Post
Have all eta 4-5 units recude it by 1. Max eta = 4.
Have, when u create an ID, let you pick a 'region' say id 2~999. (randomly generates an ID in that).
Let only alliances join members in the same 'region'

then when u want to hit another ID in a different 'region' you automaticly get a +1 ETA. When u hit an ID whit +4 regions have +2 eta. (even whitout score gaps. the 30%)
so having an ID of 5, hitting someone at 31% range whit id 550 will get u an eta of 8.

Changing regions will cost 90% of your seed production for 1 day.
Second time 2 day's
Third time 4 day's
can only change 3 times
i know its more of a voice your opinion thread than debate. but i think limiting peoples ranges/eta would only be a bad thing, giving a smaller section of attractive targets, or making alliance wars harder is the wrong direction to my mind.
willymchilybily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 08:01 AM   #33
Your_Mum
Weeder

Your_Mum is more than a nobody... but not by much

An interesting discussion.

I would definitely remove the farming and weather system. Indeed, it is part of what makes Bushtarion unique, but as far as I'm aware this discussion is about making a completely new game and what we would like to include. For many of the Bushtarion players, sentiments may have them favour a decision to keep it, but as was previously mentioned it probably costs the game many players. Also, anyone who hasn't played Bushtarion before wouldn't miss it, and they sure wouldn't miss the many frustrating instances of planting into bad weather.

But I would keep the land based income, and the ability to steal land (or resources, or similar). Perhaps you could still gain seeds but planting and selling was instantaneous and independent of the weather of number of gardeners.

The battle system I would keep exactly as it is. It keeps the game interesting and allows many play styles.

I would probably change the rate of recovery after being zeroed (or remove the ability to be zeroed). A pretty frustrating aspect of the game is working hard to get somewhere, and then getting hit back to square one while you sleep. Again, the sentiments of many Bushtarion players would prefer to be able to kill an opponent swiftly. Ideally, a change in this regard would make everyone happy, but we don't live in an ideal world, and in the end this is a business and any decision is a compromise with the intention of maximising the players of the game and profit.

I saw a few suggestions to remove solo. For a highly elitist game this may be appropriate to even the playing field, or where it is not possible for solo to exist, but it would cost the game many players. The casual gamer doesn't want the responsibility of being allied. The fact is, bush actually works quite well with solo, and removing it is hardly necessary.

Polo suggested unlimited alliances or no alliances and the ability to defend anyone. I think they both have potential, but real application might not be so easy. That being said, it would be definitely interesting to see how they would work. Although the second idea would probably limit the amount of social interaction you get, usually a great part of for the fun alliances.

Of course these are just some of my opinions, and not necessarily accurate.
Your_Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #34
LuckySports
Landscape Designer

LuckySports has started the journey down Repute Road

Okay, who is this guy?
Old 28-04-2012, 09:17 AM   #35
Dimitar
Landscape Designer

Dimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviewsDimitar is now available for back-page interviews

your mum
Old 28-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #36
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews
Send a message via MSN to Dax Send a message via Yahoo to Dax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitar View Post
your mum
Old 28-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #37
Its not personal,its Bush
Harvester

Its not personal,its Bush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitar View Post
your mum
oh my god where do you get these pictures from,i mostly only look on this forum to see Daxs piss taking,get me every dam time

R6 solo,R7 Virustwo,R8 HeartOfAngels,R9 Stargazers,R41 Bribemania,R42 solo,R43 Solo/AnQ,R44 solo ragequit,R45 Solo
Its not personal,its Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #38
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer

tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySports View Post
Okay, who is this guy?
Does it matter? Judge him on what he says rather than his name. I think his post was fairly sensible.
Old 28-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #39
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its not personal,its Bush View Post
oh my god where do you get these pictures from,i mostly only look on this forum to see Daxs piss taking,get me every dam time
Old 28-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #40
bluehen55
Harvester

bluehen55 is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Quote:
Okay, who is this guy?
Does it matter? Judge him on what he says rather than his name. I think his post was fairly sensible.
Seriously, why on earth does it matter if you've heard his name before. It's good if we have people who don't often come into the forums and don't have a recognizable name come here to give their input, we need a new perspective around here sometimes. This is exactly why people say the community isn't welcoming to new players.
bluehen55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #41
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehen55 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Okay, who is this guy?
Seriously, why on earth does it matter if you've heard his name before. It's good if we have people who don't often come into the forums and don't have a recognizable name come here to give their input, we need a new perspective around here sometimes. This is exactly why people say the community isn't welcoming to new players.
+1, though I have a feeling it may well be an existing long-term player in another guise.
Old 28-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #42
LuckySports
Landscape Designer

LuckySports has started the journey down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehen55 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Okay, who is this guy?
Woah woah wtf? I didn't say a word against him. Perhaps yall should stop assuming the worst. I was merely trying to point out that I've no idea who he is, yet he talks about the game as if he's been playing for ages. I didn't say he didn't make sense, I didn't say that because I don't recognize him that his point is invalid.. YOU DID..

Now bugger off. It was a fair question.

on a side note - I'm really surprised how much it irritates me to see a post that's so far off its mark, it makes me wonder if you bothered to read anything at all or if you just saw my name and started talking out your back side.
Old 28-04-2012, 05:34 PM   #43
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer

tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines

My apologies, but it sounded like all you cared about was his name rather than his view. If you want to avoid that misunderstanding in the future you could embellish your post with something else so it doesn't appear so dismissive and elitist.
Old 28-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #44
bluehen55
Harvester

bluehen55 is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
My apologies, but it sounded like all you cared about was his name rather than his view. If you want to avoid that misunderstanding in the future you could embellish your post with something else so it doesn't appear so dismissive and elitist.
That's pretty much how I read it, a post simply saying "Okay, who is this guy?" still sounds pretty dismissive to me. Sorry if I read it wrong, but without any other context that is definitely how I would interpret it.
bluehen55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #45
Twigley
Hydroponics Developer

Twigley is starting to catch people's eyesTwigley is starting to catch people's eyesTwigley is starting to catch people's eyes

I read it as LS intended it.
+1 For me

P.s. Generic picture responses FTW.

Last edited by Twigley; 28-04-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Nice things
Twigley is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions