Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions

Old 13-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
Max
Garden Designer

Max is starting to catch people's eyesMax is starting to catch people's eyes
Default If I were to start bushtarion from scratch I would...

... just because of recent discussions on IRC and forums, and on a purely hypothetical basis at this stage, tell me this:

If you could start bushtarion from scratch, what would you keep? What would you change? What do you consider core and what do you consider chaff?

Might be interesting to see if the playerbase has a general consensus on what they consider most important, and what changes they would love to see.

For example, to start things off, I like being able to play with pure text and would always want this as an option, however I think it would be awesome to have images for each unit and maybe even an image for each development/construction

Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
LuckySports
Landscape Designer

LuckySports has started the journey down Repute Road

The Battle system is probably the big one.. Its more or less the core of the entire game.
Old 13-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
Alvestein
Tree Surgeon

Alvestein is more than a nobody... but not by much

Global pols!!

Alvestein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
Elderveld
Official Helper
Tree Surgeon

Elderveld is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvestein View Post
Global pols!!
Erm, forums?
Elderveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer

tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines

The farming aspect is surplus to requirements, and probably cost us hundreds of possible players.

Also the fantasy route was a massive waste of time.

Alliance HQs could be a great attraction if some work was put into them, adding a whole new tactical dimension to warfare.
Old 13-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #6
Iamsmart
Landscape Designer

Iamsmart has travelled far down Repute Road

Remove solo, random alliances, each alliance votes for leader, each alliance can have 4-8 'drafts' to choose players (have to pay BC's for). Can only delete account once a week.

Much higher decreasing income as your land gets higher. 10k land only gives ~20% more income than 5k, etc.

Economy system may need more to it, I haven't put much thought in to it though. Kinda boring all you have to do is buy/steal land, fill it, buy harvesters and that's all there is to it. Build buildings on land? I don't know.

Assuming the first two ideas happened, no alliances allowed to work together. Possibly each alliance can have 1 allied alliance (can only change once per round?) they can work with.
Iamsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 03:24 PM   #7
No-Dachi
Official Helper
Garden Designer

No-Dachi has started the journey down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to No-Dachi

Regarding the AHQ: Sordes made a brilliant suggestion regarding them that could form the basis of the new AHQ system.

I would keep the battle system. I would be in favour of keeping the planting system, as it makes it sort of unique, but I can see how this is a deterrant.

I would remove fantasy - and work on getting it more paper-rock-scissor again. I would up the eta of every unit by 1, making each geo-attack take 1 hour each way, and giving players a bit more time to respond to pranks etc. I would revamp the AHQ system. I would look into implementing some sort of "community" that each player randomly appears within, which would get the same ally defence boost that alliances gets. These 10man clicks would act as a way of getting new players into the establishment - alliances would still be there of course. There's a lot of balancing and thoughts needed for that to work, but it's something I would look into, as a way of bonding players together.

I would add a way of preparing and sending up to five mobs simultanously, from the same page. That this isn't already in place is pure bullshit.
I'd revamp the whole HF system. Same with ally wars. And I'd look into balancing the game with units having twice the HP/AR and the same damage. Meaning that it's possible to land without destroying the target, leaving players with some units and something to play with when they return the next day.

A way of creating alliances outside of the game, with their own home page attached to bushtarion. SO that the alliances would stick together for more rounds, with a possible increase of size as the playerbase expands. Also, the ally score should be total score/number of players. Making a small elite ally still viable for rank 1, while giving newbs protection of the masses.

An app/something similar is a must for gaining new players. A way must be found to implement this with the standard world without making either version superior in form of playability or simplifiedness.
Old 13-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
Steve_God
Official Helper
Garden Designer

Steve_God is more than a nobody... but not by much

At the core is the Rock/Paper/Scissors style of routes, and the ability to gain ranks quickly if you're active, skilled, and determined (eg, keep stealing land and able to keep it)

Also adding in a feature around alliance HQs to make them more central to alliance wars.

Bringing comedy, humour, grandmas and lube to Bushtarion since Round 5...

"GILFs for Life!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tiger' View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post
I'm team Steve_God.
"[19:44] <@Timmiejj> i vote SG for #1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett2 View Post
how does any of this help steve retain rank 1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by willymchilybily View Post
Ps. Go team steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillie View Post
oh and STEVE - GOD ftw cause he likes grandmas
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
Alvestein
Tree Surgeon

Alvestein is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderveld View Post
Quote:
Global pols!!
Erm, forums?
Like I said on IRC, it's not really the same.

Theres only the same bunch of people posting on forums and the same bunch of people reading.

Global pols had the same bunch of people posting but it also threw it in the faces of people who may not have known there was much of a community here, maybe drawing more people to become more involved with the community. And community brings keepers!

Alvestein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 03:55 PM   #10
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer

tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderveld View Post
Quote:
Global pols!!
Erm, forums?
Like I said on IRC, it's not really the same.

Theres only the same bunch of people posting on forums and the same bunch of people reading.

Global pols had the same bunch of people posting but it also threw it in the faces of people who may not have known there was much of a community here, maybe drawing more people to become more involved with the community. And community brings keepers!
And those people were dicks who spammed the **** out of the place and got it removed.
Old 13-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #11
edd
Tree Surgeon

edd has travelled far down Repute Roadedd has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamsmart View Post
Remove solo, random alliances, each alliance votes for leader, each alliance can have 4-8 'drafts' to choose players (have to pay BC's for). Can only delete account once a week.
I would agree to remove solo because as it is now if you are very active it's super easy and if you are not then you haven't a hope of doing well. I do think alliances should be random but i don't think that drafts are a good idea (and they weren't in IC either). Am i right in thinking you used to be able to have 2pnaps (that you could defend) as well as being allied? i think that might be a good idea.

I definitely think more can be done with the AHQ sadly i don't have any ideas but i like Steve's thinking

Waves in defence,
Waves in attack,
We're fighting on The Boat!

Last edited by edd; 13-04-2012 at 07:18 PM.
edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #12
Yochoko
Head Gardener

Yochoko has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamsmart View Post
I would agree to remove solo because as it is now if you are very active it's super easy and if you are not then you haven't a hope of doing well.
i object for removing solo!!

there are people who don't aim at playing 'well' nor playing high ranked as a solo. they just want to have fun with the time they can contribute to the game. easy or difficult isn't the question. it's the liberty of being able to choose to play alone or with one or two friends. it's the freedom without pranks and sleepless nights. there are people who like to play the game this way depending on the rounds! don't exclude them! i think it's okay to keep both allies AND solos. 'coz personally, if i have to choose either play allied or not play, i'd take a round off easy and then dunno when or whether i come back to play or not.

but anyway, probably agreeing/disagreeing isn't the purpose of this thread. :X sorryyyyyy!!!
Yochoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #13
Iamsmart
Landscape Designer

Iamsmart has travelled far down Repute Road

The only reason I put in removing solo is because I don't think having a choice outside of random alliances would work. I love solo, I've played solo a ton. Would love to see it stay (though it's a bit broken in some regards).

I think the drafts would be necessary ed. Ideally I wouldn't want them, but people want to play with a few of their friends (note: random alliances almost certainly wouldn't work in current Bushtarion because people are too used to being able to pick their entire alliance, would drive a lot of the remaining player base away). Also it adds a cool deminsion of having a small group of players throughout the rounds playing together, doing well, having fun, being known, or whatever.

Also, drafts were fine for IC, although possibly somewhat poorly managed.
Iamsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #14
Elevnos
BANNED
Tree Surgeon

Elevnos is more than a nobody... but not by much
Send a message via MSN to Elevnos

How about if you want to be part of a random alliance at the start then there can be an option to be assigned into one about a day before the round starts ticking, with other players who said they would be part of a random alliance, then spread the players out (more or less) evenly?
Elevnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #15
Steve_God
Official Helper
Garden Designer

Steve_God is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd View Post
I definitely think more can be done with the AHQ sadly i don't have any ideas but i like Steve's thinking
There have been plenty of ideas bantered around at various Bush Meets about this idea - if the game were to be developed, I'm sure I could raid a few brain cells to try and remember what they were

Bringing comedy, humour, grandmas and lube to Bushtarion since Round 5...

"GILFs for Life!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Tiger' View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post
I'm team Steve_God.
"[19:44] <@Timmiejj> i vote SG for #1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett2 View Post
how does any of this help steve retain rank 1?
Quote:
Originally Posted by willymchilybily View Post
Ps. Go team steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by lillie View Post
oh and STEVE - GOD ftw cause he likes grandmas
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions