Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions

Old 02-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #16
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews
Send a message via MSN to Dax Send a message via Yahoo to Dax

It isn't meant to fight AD - Routes were made with these vulnerabilities for a reason! Bring back the old Nutter - Fire all ticks, at 8.5k each. Simple.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #17
willymchilybily
Landscape Designer

willymchilybily has started the journey down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edd View Post
Tbh, at that initiative they fire before CW and TD and apaches so that does help with being last ticked by armour which happens all the time (not sure what u r talking about ).

Dogs go about 50:1 on CW so they are hopeless on LT. An AD buff on nutters would go a long way to making it a viable unit
I said not normally last tked, unless by armour, which is the opposite of what it appear you think i said? :p....

basically sa dont last tick dogs. Reason is obv. Only armour does. Or blockers. And the nutter is not going to be effective in a situation where you are facing armour. Because the amount of them i believe you need to make the nutter hoolie nld set up work as anti armour at both range and close limits your other unit ratios, forcing a very nld heavy set up. Also i was far more focused on dragons and rangers and marines. Though apache and cw have so much armour nutters would do jack to them is my guess, Nothing fires after them that needs thier stripping to any great extent so all in all that lethal targetting parameter is a waste or forces you to play so heavily nld you neglect your other units. Which if you do will just lead you to being blocked anyway. As such a much more versatile roll for the unit in my opinion would be for it to fill a niche and target like you say innocents for stripping. Or like i say. Armoured nlt to prevent sweeping of sd/stun/yobs as effectively. Or both. And be benifical to all play styles of that branch of the tl route.

Anyway i think most people think it should change. Either change it back or make it better. My point was meant to convey why let/inn. Such a waste of 70% of its firepower

Tl:dr even massing nutters and hoolis i doubt you stop cw/apache and definately not dragons. And even if you did they would just try to block you last tick... Get rid of the lethal targetting component of the unit. Replace it with anything better mentioned previously. Imo
willymchilybily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #18
Stargazer
Tree Surgeon

Stargazer has started the journey down Repute Road

I would most deffo take on TL/dogs as an SA last tick
R53 Pysduck,R52 Solo,R51 Ascendancy,R50 ADHSQUIRREL,R49 Solo,R48 MADAFAKA,R47 WLZB,R45 Solo,R44 Solo,R43 Ask No Quarter,R42 Solo,R41 Bribemania II,R9 Stargazers,R8 HeartOfAngels,R7 VirusTwo,R6 Virus,R5 Solo

Virus born,virus bred.
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #19
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
dogs would annihilate you. Dogs fire before you, are way cheaper, and are totally freaking awesome.

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."

"Your opinion, while interesting, is completely irrelevant."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.
Alcibiades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #20
willymchilybily
Landscape Designer

willymchilybily has started the journey down Repute Road

Quote:
Terrorist = 240 init
Dogs = 250 init
Sa = 260 init

Dog ratios:
3.00 killed 0.777 SA = 1:0.259 cost to kill one sa = 23 bil
5.00 killed 1.603 Ass = 1:0.321 cost to kill one ass = 16.1 bill

Good luck with that. Then again you wouldnt realise as you never attack alone. Or only fight with and against people who mass one unit. Never realising the true beauty of this game is from its subtle synergies. Sigh
willymchilybily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #21
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer

tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines

1 allied Willy attacked, publically noobalising 1 hostile Stargazer.

Cost? Priceless.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #22
Stargazer
Tree Surgeon

Bullsmeg.

Dogs would fire on my cheap shitty gards,SA would tear the non firing TLs and wimpy dogs all over the place.No one masses terros.
R53 Pysduck,R52 Solo,R51 Ascendancy,R50 ADHSQUIRREL,R49 Solo,R48 MADAFAKA,R47 WLZB,R45 Solo,R44 Solo,R43 Ask No Quarter,R42 Solo,R41 Bribemania II,R9 Stargazers,R8 HeartOfAngels,R7 VirusTwo,R6 Virus,R5 Solo

Virus born,virus bred.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #23
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer

tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines

Terrorist = 240 init
Dogs = 250 init

You really aren't doing yourself any favours here.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #24
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews
Send a message via MSN to Dax Send a message via Yahoo to Dax

Quote:
1 allied Willy attacked, publically noobalising 1 hostile Stargazer.

Cost? Priceless.
Well, that was swift.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #25
Stargazer
Tree Surgeon

Quote:
Terrorist = 240 init
Dogs = 250 init

People mostly mass TL and dogs so I'm ignoring the few terrorist.

Dogs would hurt if firing on pure SA but that wouldn't be the case.

I've read the manual enough to tknow the init's thanks

Virus born,virus bred.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #26
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines

Quote:
Quote:
Terrorist = 240 init
Dogs = 250 init

Have you ever played Dogs? They are an absolutely terror (lol). Try it in a PW, or in Havoc sometime, you would probably be unpleasantly surprised. And most people who play dogs generally know how to inflict maximum damage with their units. I would love to see someone last tick a proper thug with SAs (even with gards) and watch them get neither land, nor many troops back. It's a glorious sight.

You may have read the manual, but you clearly don't understand it. To compensate for not having PBs and Jeeps, people who play dogs generally have lots of all three units (if they have half a brain cell) and consequently last ticking them would be a disaster, even worse then attacking them on MID or FIRST tick. Not only that, but dogs are phenomenally cheap, and having a ton of them negates any advantages your "flak" would give you. Willy laid it out clearly, but you didn't seem to understand it. If you fight terrors and dogs on a last tick and aren't an armoured unit, you're literally dead meat. I really encourage you to try it some time. As an ex player with over 1billion dogs, I can give you some pretty good assurances that they are a violently unpleasant unit to face no matter how many of them there are. Reading the manual is well and good Stargazer, but understanding it is (arguably) more important. I'm no genius at this game (although I do have a few years of experience), there are others far smarter and better than me, but I have the good grace to listen to them when I'm wrong, and learn from them if I can possibly do so. This is an attitude you would be wise to pick up.

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."

Quote:
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.

Last edited by Alcibiades; 02-07-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #27
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Terrorist = 240 init
Dogs = 250 init

Have you ever played Dogs? They are an absolutely terror (lol). Try it in a PW, or in Havoc sometime, you would probably be unpleasantly surprised. And most people who play dogs generally know how to inflict maximum damage with their units. I would love to see someone last tick a proper thug with SAs (even with gards) and watch them get neither land, nor many troops back. It's a glorious sight.

You may have read the manual, but you clearly don't understand it. To compensate for not having PBs and Jeeps, people who play dogs generally have lots of all three units (if they have half a brain cell) and consequently last ticking them would be a disaster, even worse then attacking them on MID or FIRST tick. Not only that, but dogs are phenomenally cheap, and having ton of them negates any advantages your "flak" would give you. Willy laid it out clearly, but you didn't seem to understand it. If you fight terrors and dogs on a last tick and aren't an armoured unit, you're literally dead meat. I really encourage you to try it some time. As an ex player with over 1billion dogs, I can give you some pretty good assurances that they are a violently unpleasant unit to face no matter how many of them there are. Reading the manual is well and good Stargazer, but understanding it is (arguably) more important. I'm no genius at this game (although I do have a few years of experience), there are others far smarter and better than me, but I have the good grace to listen to them when I'm wrong, and learn from them if I can possibly do so. This is an attitude you would be wise to pick up.
This.

tl;dr version: Any dog player should have a crap load of terrors.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #28
Stargazer
Tree Surgeon

Fair points

Virus born,virus bred.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #29
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

I should also add that if you see a Dog player who's massed only Dogs and TLs, please oh please feel free to punish them to the fullest extent of your troops.

Quote:
Old 02-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #30
Stargazer
Tree Surgeon

What I don't understand is that terros only fire 30% at LET,how bad can that be!?

Virus born,virus bred.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions