Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions

Old 04-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #241
tobapopalos
Hydroponics Developer

tobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazinestobapopalos has their photo in magazines

Just because they help you personally does not mean that they are balanced. During flak wars they give you a massive boost to killing power at range, middle and close with no added score.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #242
[Ninja-7]
Head Gardener

[Ninja-7] is more than a nobody... but not by much

I guess I do have a somewhat biased point of view. I still like the concept that they help smaller players deal with overwhelming attacks though.

Last edited by [Ninja-7]; 04-06-2013 at 03:20 PM.
[Ninja-7] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #243
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Ninja-7] View Post
I guess I do have a somewhat biased point of view. I still like the concept that they help smaller players deal with overwhelming attacks though.
It's nonsense though. It prevents people from flakking low down targets when they are dead and have to rebuild. Especially in this game there are always as the round goes on lots of targets that have crap troops after they quit, but loads of WKs that make rebuilding much more difficult and expensive than it needs to be. It makes it actually harder on lower down players because they can't do small attacks to regain land stolen from them by higher ranked players without it costing a tremendous amount in coin and flak. While it does make it unpleasant to be flakked by people above you, the trade off is that you can flak people below you. In this circumstance with WKs, it makes it worse on the mid to low ranked players I feel because they get killed, can't rebuild quickly and efficiently, and consequently get stuck in crappy limbo without enough troops *or* land.

They are, as toby said, a terrible burden in flak wars for attackers and make people want to mass people more with actual units instead of flak because you have to make sure you kill the WKs. Is it better to be flakked or to be zeroed? Land should be an easily traded commodity, WKs ruin that entirely. They should either cost more in score, or lose their absurd flak killing abilities. It's just a stupid unbalanced knee jerk bandaid fix.

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."

"Your opinion, while interesting, is completely irrelevant."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.
Alcibiades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #244
jamesNchina
Tree Surgeon

jamesNchina has travelled far down Repute RoadjamesNchina has travelled far down Repute Road

so is anything going to change?
Old 05-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #245
Dax
Hydroponics Developer

Dax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviewsDax is now available for back-page interviews
Send a message via MSN to Dax Send a message via Yahoo to Dax

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesNchina View Post
so is anything going to change?
Well if one were to look for oneself and see moderate to little in the way of much agreement over anything, then you would be able to conclude that it is highly likely that there will not be for the forseeable future.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:24 AM   #246
[Ninja-7]
Head Gardener

[Ninja-7] is more than a nobody... but not by much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Ninja-7] View Post
It's nonsense though. It prevents people from flakking low down targets when they are dead and have to rebuild. Especially in this game there are always as the round goes on lots of targets that have crap troops after they quit, but loads of WKs that make rebuilding much more difficult and expensive than it needs to be. It makes it actually harder on lower down players because they can't do small attacks to regain land stolen from them by higher ranked players without it costing a tremendous amount in coin and flak. While it does make it unpleasant to be flakked by people above you, the trade off is that you can flak people below you. In this circumstance with WKs, it makes it worse on the mid to low ranked players I feel because they get killed, can't rebuild quickly and efficiently, and consequently get stuck in crappy limbo without enough troops *or* land.

They are, as toby said, a terrible burden in flak wars for attackers and make people want to mass people more with actual units instead of flak because you have to make sure you kill the WKs. Is it better to be flakked or to be zeroed? Land should be an easily traded commodity, WKs ruin that entirely. They should either cost more in score, or lose their absurd flak killing abilities. It's just a stupid unbalanced knee jerk bandaid fix.
I've actually changed my mind. Not just because you quite politely schooled me, but also because I can see the degree to which we have been able to use WK this early is ridiculous. It makes defending far too easy at this stage.
[Ninja-7] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #247
Max
Garden Designer

Max is starting to catch people's eyesMax is starting to catch people's eyes

Slavi and I dominated defence in Trans last round in the first week, all because of 1m WKs. It's a little OP for alliances, although an absolute lifeline for most solos! So a switch would leave them even more ravished than they are at present. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but I WWs wouldn't help at all.

Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:44 AM   #248
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews

leave effectiveness. remove h/f and everything that goes along with it

or bring back xp with a 50% cap so my flak survives WK better
Garrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:26 AM   #249
Koeniej
Harvester

Koeniej has travelled far down Repute Road

Yeah encourage flakking, that will help us alot
Koeniej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:03 PM   #250
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews

but but i don't get enough emails about cowardice and how revenge will be taken upon me later and how I'm on a couch while they are busy lifting all day bro.

i want to encourage more misanthropic behavior! it's amusing.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:37 PM   #251
timtadams
Landscape Designer

timtadams has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett2 View Post
but but i don't get enough emails about cowardice and how revenge will be taken upon me later and how I'm on a couch while they are busy lifting all day bro.

i want to encourage more misanthropic behavior! it's amusing.

Problem?

R41: Gargantua [1,538,706]
timtadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:56 PM   #252
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

rep for decroix!
Old 10-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #253
avash
Harvester

avash is an unknown quantity at this point

15 man alliances to try and make the game have 3 allie battles instead instead of 2 every round

Inactive since.
avash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #254
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by avash View Post
15 man alliances to try and make the game have 3 allie battles instead instead of 2 every round
15 man alliances don't make anything easier or better. I figured even you would know that by now! 3 Allies only makes a 2v1 inevitable, and those suck. And it makes people have to be more active, rather than less. Leads to less enjoyment. Come on, this has been gospel truth for many rounds now.

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."

"Your opinion, while interesting, is completely irrelevant."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.
Alcibiades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #255
LAFiN
Tree Surgeon

LAFiN has travelled far down Repute RoadLAFiN has travelled far down Repute Road

60 man alliances so we can all win!
LAFiN is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions