Bushtarion Forums  

Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions

Old 31-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #16
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer

Dark_Angel has travelled far down Repute RoadDark_Angel has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post
A contract? Enforced by whom? The UN? Come on, this has to be voluntary, and no one takes anything on so seriously that they'll abide by the rules, especially not this playerbase. It's a nice optimistic idea, but just never, ever, really going to happen. The real "FTW" players, would never go for it.
Aye this was always a long shot.

I was hoping, as I think Twigley was trying to suggest, that there'd be some real honor/internet points in it for 10 guys who were able to win the round with just the 10 of them.

Given we only ever have to find 2 FTW leaders - Getting their agreement to aim for that goal shouldn't be overly difficult?

Challenge accepted, anyone?
Old 31-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #17
Alcibiades
Hydroponics Developer

Alcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazinesAlcibiades has their photo in magazines

I guess it's more possible now, that there literally are maybe two dozen people who would want to/are capable of playing FTW.

But you can't make it enforceable as you've said, it does have to be an "honour" thing, and who's to say they won't have solos help? I appreciate the idea, but it is, as you say, a "long shot"

"Head straight down LURK MOAR, turn left on STFU, then go on to FAIL, catch the bus at GTFO and you will be right back in NOOB-VILLE by sundown kiddo..."

"Your opinion, while interesting, is completely irrelevant."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobapopalos View Post
Yes, I'm reactionary. I react when I read bullshit on forums. It's like a reflex.
Alcibiades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2012, 04:06 PM   #18
No-Dachi
Official Helper
Garden Designer

No-Dachi has started the journey down Repute Road
Send a message via MSN to No-Dachi

this would also require the teams to promise to not "resist" as that would utterly suck as a 10 man team.
Old 31-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #19
Garrett2
Landscape Designer

Garrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviewsGarrett2 is now available for back-page interviews

sadly, with rampant multis, it probably won't happen. would need some sort of admin type. then again an admin type would be able to make the change.
Garrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #20
willymchilybily
Landscape Designer

willymchilybily has started the journey down Repute Road

im not really one for smaller alliances as a rule. but it is a nice idea to have some smaller alliances playing ftw. but i agree with garett. when there are so many who willingly multi, and "cheat".

what possible chance is there that even if 2 alliances of 20 decided to split into 4 alliances of 10 and go all vs all. that the ftf alliances wouldnt come in and dominate. they would call them selves ftf. and all it means is they dont try to win the round or care. but should the opportunity arise, most ftf alliances step it up a gear...

it would be a massive achievement though. as the burn out would be hard core. would be pretty epic to the alliance that achieved it. as the bashing bottom feeding would be much harder, attacking with 10 people an alliance that holds 20, and thats assuming you have all ten on would make gaining land a real mission. might almost force in fighting between the 4 ten man alliances, just because they are potentially easier targets.. would be amazing if anyone went and won the round, id certainly give a tip of the hat. but realistically as nice as it would be i cant see enough people being inclined to play in that way. too little effort and honour and integrity in the remaining playerbase has meant too little trust. and the effort required just to hold together a ten man alliance even if everyone only had ten members, is still more than the playerbase is willing to put in for the vast majority.
willymchilybily is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Bushtarion Forums > Bushtarion Related > Suggestions