http://bushtarion.com/portal/portal_...php?Nick=Slavi
Slavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:29 PM   #77
timtadams
Landscape Designer

timtadams has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obstacle View Post
I was one of the ones that picked on you to bribe those delicious stunbots. You never showed hostility, but your alliance mates.. That is a different story. One of them was particularly -l33t kid- and I could see how that could turn off a newer player.
Thats because the game breeds hostiliy. The fact that a battle often means a week worth of hard work and time can be obliterated means that incoming is automatically interpreted as a highly hostile act. Add to the mix defenders already worn down by defending previous incoming, and you can understand the patience of people wearing thin. It takes character to play this game in a fun and friendly way. While I dont think vulgar mail is in any way justified, remember that you as the attacker are the one initiating this hostility, and maybe you should not take such mail so seriously.

The game also promotes hostility for the sake of it. The attacker knows a person has put effort into sustaining their army, and so wiping it out has significant impact, like it has a real effect. It is basically a big stroke of the ego.

That said, you would be delusional for thinking that bushtarion is somehow extra-ordinary in this regard, that most games don't harbour similar levels of hostility. Go play CoD and have people rage at you for camping, hacking, and being 12 years and better than them.

In other words, the community isnt the problem. The self inherent hostility isnt the problem. It was and still is the lack of exposure. Though I think the game has reached a point of no return. And the current levels of cheating dont help.

Problem?

R41: Gargantua [1,538,706]
timtadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 12:27 AM   #78
Dark_Angel
Super Moderator
Landscape Designer

Dark_Angel has travelled far down Repute RoadDark_Angel has travelled far down Repute Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtadams View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obstacle View Post
I was one of the ones that picked on you to bribe those delicious stunbots. You never showed hostility, but your alliance mates.. That is a different story. One of them was particularly -l33t kid- and I could see how that could turn off a newer player.
Thats because the game breeds hostiliy. The fact that a battle often means a week worth of hard work and time can be obliterated means that incoming is automatically interpreted as a highly hostile act. Add to the mix defenders already worn down by defending previous incoming, and you can understand the patience of people wearing thin. It takes character to play this game in a fun and friendly way. While I dont think vulgar mail is in any way justified, remember that you as the attacker are the one initiating this hostility, and maybe you should not take such mail so seriously.

The game also promotes hostility for the sake of it. The attacker knows a person has put effort into sustaining their army, and so wiping it out has significant impact, like it has a real effect. It is basically a big stroke of the ego.

That said, you would be delusional for thinking that bushtarion is somehow extra-ordinary in this regard, that most games don't harbour similar levels of hostility. Go play CoD and have people rage at you for camping, hacking, and being 12 years and better than them.

In other words, the community isnt the problem. The self inherent hostility isnt the problem. It was and still is the lack of exposure. Though I think the game has reached a point of no return. And the current levels of cheating dont help.
You realize you're replying to a post from nearly a year ago? That guy might even be dead.

You need to work on your time management.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:40 AM   #79
timtadams
Landscape Designer

Yes I know. Someone bumped the thread and I was bored at the time.

Problem?

Old 05-03-2015, 03:59 AM   #80
timtadams
Landscape Designer

OK, I admit it, I have been drafting that response for a year :/

Problem?

Old 05-03-2015, 08:12 AM   #81